For only $1.80 a mother will no longer have to worry if her child will reach a week old after birth,
a child will get a chance at life, and for $1.80 we can make the world a better place.
The Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Committee encourages all clubs to fundraise for The Eliminate Project through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF. The Eliminate Projects main focus is to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus, a disease that is contracted during childbirth due to an unvaccinated mother being exposed to unsterile instruments and contact with the ground or other unsanitary objects during birth. Infants infected with tetanus experience intense pain due to convulsions that are triggered by a heightened sensitivity to light, sound, and touch that usually cause the baby to die after about a week. All funds collected through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF will go to alleviate the over 100 million women who at risk for the infection.
As Key Clubbers we have a duty to stand up for those in need. We all want to make a change in the world, leave an impact, and by simply being members we’re taking a step into the right direction. But this is isn’t enough, we need to make a lasting impression that will go on after we have all left that will benefit not only all those in our home, school, and communities, but those far away. We might not be able to see the change personally, but we can feel the change in our hearts. We can feel the gratitude of a mother being able to hold her baby lovingly, a baby enjoying its brand new world, and feel the love and hope between them of enjoying a chance at life. So this year we highly encourage all clubs to come together and assist the Eliminate Project through TOT for UNICEF.
Click here to visit The Eliminate Project website.
How to send donations:
- Write a check to the Kiwanis International Foundation.
- Put “The Eliminate Project” in the memo line.
- On a different piece of paper include the full name of your club (Division for a Lt. Governor) and your club number with your check.
- Mail checks to the following address: Kiwanis International Foundation: P.O. Box 6457 – Dept. #286 Indianapolis, IN 46206, ATTN: Trick-or-Treat.
- Send an email to Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Committee Chair, Jonathan Bastida, at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify that you have sent a check to International. Include your school name, division, and the exact amount of funds.
- If you have any questions, please email Jonathan Bastida. Or check out The Eliminate Project website.
- Click the Online Donations link under the Main Menu.
- Complete form on page.
- Include the full name of your club.
- Select “Eliminate” under “Type” drop-down box.
- Click “Submit” and follow instructions.
If you are mailing the funds, use the donation slip here.
Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Resources
Ways to Make Trick-or-Treating for UNICEF More Effective
- Divide your club into groups and have each group come up with a unique costume theme for the group. Hold a costume contest for the groups, giving the winning group a special prize. Then go Trick-or-treating dressed in group costumes.
- Host a club meeting in conjunction with a Halloween party. Have each member donate $5 to enter the meeting. Have Halloween-themed games and prizes throughout the evening. Don’t forget to dress up!
- Looking at your community, assign different groups of Key Clubbers to different areas in the community in order to reach everyone in the community.
- Get with your local K-Kids or Builder’s club that are participating in Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, and teach them safe and effective ways to raise money while trick-or-treating with their parents.
- Have competitions without your club for the pairs of students that can raise the most through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF. When taking donations, provide small informational flyers about maternal/neonatal tetanus and The Eliminate Project to give to donors. Make sure it includes a way to contact you with more donations.
- Take your Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF box with you EVERYWHERE. You never know when you can strike up a conversation with a potential donor.
- Club Banner Patches: The UNICEF The Eliminate Project Banner Patch is based on Kiwanis International Foundation receiving at least $250.00 from a club BEFORE December 31st. Club Treasurers must send the Trick-or-Treat money before Winter Break!
- Click HERE to view Kiwanis International’s Page on Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF.
Contact Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF Committee Chair Jonathan Bastida at email@example.com.