If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email the District Treasurer at email@example.com. We would love to obtain your input on how we could better serve you!
What Are Dues?
- District and International dues are $12.50 ($5.50 for District and $7.00 for International).
- Clubs may add an additional amount to be retained by the club. Total dues amount must be in your Club Bylaws as approved by two-thirds vote of your members.
- The Membership Update Center (MUC) is used to input and update membership information and will be open in September.
Why Should Clubs Pay Dues?
- A Key Club must pay dues in order to be in good standing with Key Club International, be eligible for awards, attend District Conference, and more.
- Payment of dues to Key Club International is a requirement for a student to be considered a Key Club member.
- District dues provide training for the District Board members, travel, services to clubs, the Florida Opportunity fund, and general expenses. These dues also support the Endowment fund, which provides college scholarships to Key Clubbers, and reduces the cost of DCON.
- International dues help create and distribute resources, such as promotional materials, posters, and the Key Club Magazine, provide membership cards and pins, help underwrite the cost of International Convention, and provide recognition awards.
Steps to Pay Club Dues!
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO PAY DUES”. This will take you to the Membership Update Center (MUC) login page.
- Use your advisor’s email address and password that your advisor set up to login (see below for password set-up instructions if you did not pay dues last year).
- After you’re logged in, enter the club secretary’s information and designate them as such by going to the “Dashboard” tab.
- At this point, the secretary can log in with his/her own email, access the “Members” tab, and add or edit the information for all members (for example, delete graduated seniors).
- Your club membership is completely updated, print the invoice by going to the “Finance” tab and mail in a check or submit payment online. Note that not all club members must be paid for at one time. You can generate multiple invoices throughout the year and pay for members as they join the club.
How to Create a Password (completed by the Faculty Advisor)
- If your club did not pay dues last year, do not fill in your email or attempt to put in a password. Instead, click Register/Reset Password.
- Enter the faculty advisor’s email address on record and a hyperlink will be sent to the faculty advisor.
- Check your email and your spam folder for the email. Note that the response is not necessarily immediate.
- If an advisor or club secretary is having problems accessing the information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the problem AND include all of their contact information for updating (club’s full name, your name, email, phone). This information must be emailed.
- Clubs can now begin entering members (go to Six Easy Steps to Pay Dues above).
|Early Bird Dues||November 1st||This means you should send your check prior to October 15th so that it arrives on or before November 1st. Don’t forget that your club will get the Early Bird Dues Banner Patch and your treasurer will be more likely to receive the Distinguished Treasurer award if your dues are received by this date.|
|Regular Dues||December 1st|
|Note: The check must be received by the due date, either November or December 1st.|
And If We Don’t Pay Dues?
- Your club status will become suspended or inactive, requiring a reactivation fee to return to good standing, and will become ineligible for any awards, honors, or YOF or FLOF club grants.
- Eventually, the club can actually lose its charter and have to start the long process of chartering once again.
- Members will not be considered “in good standing” by Key Club International.
- Members cannot attend District Conference (DCON) or the International Convention.
- Members are ineligible to receive any scholarships from International or the Florida District or to run for district or International office. Some colleges request membership reports from Key Club International to verify that applicants were actually members of Key Club and will not admit students who are not members, but claimed they were.
- Some colleges request membership reports from Key Club International to verify that applicants were actually members of Key Club and will not admit students who are not members, but claimed they were.
|September 6th||Clubs may start the dues process in the Membership Update Center|
|November 1st||Early Bird Dues deadline|
|December 31st||First-time late notice to Key Club President and Advisors|
|January 31st||Late notice to Sponsoring Kiwanis Club|
|February 1st||Suspended Status for clubs who have not paid dues|
|February 15th||Notice to school principal of delinquent dues status|
|October 1st||Inactive Status for clubs who have not paid dues. Reactivation requires a $100 fee plus the current year’s dues.|