District Education and Leadership Conference
Conference Dates: April 4-7, 2013
Early Bird Registration Deadline: February 28, 2013
Background Check Verification: Click here to check the status of your background check.
What is District Conference?
District Education and Leadership Conference is where Key Clubbers from around the State of Florida and the Cayman Islands come together to elect new executive officers, go to educational workshops to learn leadership skills and how to better serve your community, meet Key Clubbers from around the district and be recognized for a hard year’s work.
Why should you attend?
Top 9 reasons include:
- Get recognized by being awarded with pins, badges, patches, trophies and certificates for all of the hard work your Key Club has done over the year.
- Get involved in the Kiwanis Family and learn more about the other branches by meeting them in person.
- Attend workshops on a variety of subjects including officer training that will help to educate you on different aspects of Key Club to help enhance your leadership skills.
- Meet with over 1,500 other Key Clubbers just like yourself from all over the state of Florida and the Cayman Islands.
- See what other clubs in the district are doing and new service project opportunities by attending the service fair.
- Get inspired by listening to professional keynote speakers and be entertained by professional entertainment.
- Fire up members and get new members excited about getting more involved in Key Club!
- Learn new ways to strengthen your clubs, recruit members, and retain them.
- Celebrate a great year of service with friends at the Governor’s Banquet and Ball.
Registration for DCON is now OPEN. All information on how to register can be found in the registration packet above. It will also provide information on many of the things you will need to prepare and be excited for at District Conference.
Are you interested in volunteering at Key Club’s biggest event District Conference? You can help do things such as register people for the service fair, assemble the Governor’s Banquet centerpieces, help at the Awards Office and much more! Are you a good photographer and want to help document this year’s DCON? Well click here to find out all of the details. For more information please contact Executive Assistant Lily McLaughlin at email@example.com for more details!
Our 2013 District Education and Leadership Conference will feature a service fair called “The Service Village”. By encouraging clubs from around our district to submit project boards with their most successful community service projects displayed, we are giving students the opportunity to become inspired and connect with one another as servant leaders. A true service club strives to meet the needs of its school and community in unique and creative ways. If your club is looking to incorporate more fun-filled service projects next year or become involved with organizations like UNICEF, Hershey’s Track & Field Games, Habitat for Humanity and many others…then “The Service Village” is for you! Be sure to submit a project board by contacting your Lieutenant Governor and show your support at DCON by stopping by the fair!
Orlando Travel Aid
District Conference: DCON Chair Amanda Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (786) 252-1723
Hotel rates, reservations, finances: Conferences AA Bob Parton at RAParton25@comcast.net or (561) 703-7881
Awards, Contests, and Scholarships: ACS Chair Freddy Jimenez at email@example.com or (813) 597-7197
Background Check Certification Form for Principal